Einsteinium: the essentials
Einsteinium atoms have 99 electrons and the shell structure is 126.96.36.199.29.8.2. The ground state electronic configuration of neutral einsteinium is [Rn].5f11.7s2 and the term symbol of einsteinium is 5I15/2.
Einsteinium is radioactive rare earth metal named after Albert Einstein. It is of no commercial importance and only a few of its compounds are known.
Einsteinium: physical properties
- Density of solid: 13500 kg m-3
- Molar volume: 28.52 (seems high?) cm3
- Thermal conductivity: 10 (estimate) W m‑1 K‑1
Einsteinium: heat properties
- Melting point: 1133 [860 °C (1580 °F)] K
- Boiling point: 1133 [860 °C (1580 °F)] K
- Enthalpy of fusion: 20.5 kJ mol-1
Einsteinium: atom sizes
- Atomic radius (empirical): (no data) pm
- Molecular single bond covalent radius: 165 (coordination number 3) ppm
- van der Waals radius: (no data) ppm
- Pauling electronegativity: 1.3 (Pauling units)
- Allred Rochow electronegativity: 1.2 (Pauling units)
- Mulliken-Jaffe electronegativity: (no data)
Einsteinium: orbital properties
- First ionisation energy: 614.38 kJ mol‑1
- Second ionisation energy: 1180 kJ mol‑1
- Third ionisation energy: 2190 kJ mol‑1
- Universe: (no data) ppb by weight
- Crustal rocks: (no data) ppb by weight
- Human: (no data) ppb by weight
Einsteinium: crystal structure
Einsteinium: biological data
- Human abundance by weight: (no data) ppb by weight
Einsteinium has no biological role.
Reactions of einsteinium as the element with air, water, halogens, acids, and bases where known.
Einsteinium: binary compounds
Binary compounds with halogens (known as halides), oxygen (known as oxides), hydrogen (known as hydrides), and other compounds of einsteinium where known.
Einsteinium: compound properties
Bond strengths; lattice energies of einsteinium halides, hydrides, oxides (where known); and reduction potentials where known.
Einsteinium: historyEinsteinium was discovered by Workers at Argonne, Los Alamos, USA, and the University of California at Berkeley, USA. in 1952 at USA. Origin of name: named after "Albert Einstein".
Isolation: coming soon!