The following uses for silicon are gathered from a number of sources as well as from anecdotal comments. I'd be delighted to receive corrections as well as additional referenced uses (please use the feedback mechanism to add uses).
- doped with boron, gallium, phosphorus, or arsenic, etc. to produce silicon for use in transistors, solar cells, rectifiers, and other electronic solid-state devices
- silicones are important products of silicon. They are prepared by hydrolysing a silicon organic chloride, such as Me2SiCl2
- silica, as sand, is a principal ingredient of glass, a material with excellent mechanical, optical, thermal, and electrical properties
- computer chips
- used to make concrete and bricks
- used in medicine for silicone implants