The following uses for antimony are gathered from a number of sources as well as from anecdotal comments. I'd be delighted to receive corrections as well as additional referenced uses (please use the feedback mechanism to add uses).
- used in semiconductor technology for making infrared detectors, diodes, and Hall-effect devices
- used in alloys with percentages ranging from 1 to 20 - greatly increases the hardness and mechanical strength of lead
- batteries, antifriction alloys, type metal, small arms and tracer bullets, cable sheathing, and minor products use about half the metal produced
- oxides, sulphides, sodium antimonate, and antimony trichloride are used in manufacturing flame-proofing compounds, paints, ceramic enamels, glass, and pottery.
- tartar emetic (hydrated potassium antimonyltartate) is used in medicine