- Formula: [ReI3]3
- Hill system formula: I9Re3
- CAS registry number: [15622-42-1]
- Formula weight: 1700.761
- Class: iodide
- Colour: lustrous black
- Appearance: solid
- Melting point: (decomposes)
- Boiling point:
The following are some synonyms of trirhenium nonaiodide:
- trirhenium nonaiodide
- rhenium(III) iodide
- rhenium iodide
- rhenium triiodide
The oxidation number of rhenium in trirhenium nonaiodide is 3.
The table shows element percentages for [ReI3]3 (trirhenium nonaiodide).
Isotope pattern for [ReI3]3
The chart below shows the calculated isotope pattern for the formula [ReI3]3 with the most intense ion set to 100%.
The data on these compounds pages are assembled and adapted from the primary literature and several other sources including the following.
- R.T. Sanderson in Chemical Periodicity, Reinhold, New York, USA, 1960.
- N.N. Greenwood and A. Earnshaw in Chemistry of the Elements, 2nd edition, Butterworth, UK, 1997.
- F.A. Cotton, G. Wilkinson, C.A. Murillo, and M. Bochmann, in Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
- A.F. Trotman-Dickenson, (ed.) in Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry, Pergamon, Oxford, UK, 1973.
- R.W.G. Wyckoff, in Crystal Structures, volume 1, Interscience, John Wiley & Sons, 1963.
- A.R.West in Basic solid state chemistry Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
- A.F. Wells in Structural inorganic chemistry, 4th edition, Oxford, UK, 1975.
- J.D.H. Donnay, (ed.) in Crystal data determinative tables, ACA monograph number 5, American Crystallographic Association, USA, 1963.
- D.R. Lide, (ed.) in Chemical Rubber Company handbook of chemistry and physics, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, USA, 77th edition, 1996.
- J.W. Mellor in A comprehensive treatise on inorganic and theoretical chemistry, volumes 1-16, Longmans, London, UK, 1922-1937.
- J.E. Macintyre (ed.) in Dictionary of inorganic compounds, volumes 1-3, Chapman & Hall, London, UK, 1992.