- Formula: IrF3
- Hill system formula: F3Ir1
- CAS registry number: [23370-59-4]
- Formula weight: 249.212
- Class: fluoride
- Colour: black
- Appearance: crystalline solid
- Melting point: 250°C
- Boiling point:
- Density: 8000 kg m-3
The following are some synonyms of iridium trifluoride:
- iridium trifluoride
- iridium(III) fluoride
- iridium fluoride
The oxidation number of iridium in iridium trifluoride is 3.
Solid state structure
- Geometry of iridium: 6 coordinate: octahedral
- Prototypical structure:
The table shows element percentages for IrF3 (iridium trifluoride).
Isotope pattern for IrF3
The chart below shows the calculated isotope pattern for the formula IrF3 with the most intense ion set to 100%.
The data on these compounds pages are assembled and adapted from the primary literature and several other sources including the following.
- R.T. Sanderson in Chemical Periodicity, Reinhold, New York, USA, 1960.
- N.N. Greenwood and A. Earnshaw in Chemistry of the Elements, 2nd edition, Butterworth, UK, 1997.
- F.A. Cotton, G. Wilkinson, C.A. Murillo, and M. Bochmann, in Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
- A.F. Trotman-Dickenson, (ed.) in Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry, Pergamon, Oxford, UK, 1973.
- R.W.G. Wyckoff, in Crystal Structures, volume 1, Interscience, John Wiley & Sons, 1963.
- A.R.West in Basic solid state chemistry Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
- A.F. Wells in Structural inorganic chemistry, 4th edition, Oxford, UK, 1975.
- J.D.H. Donnay, (ed.) in Crystal data determinative tables, ACA monograph number 5, American Crystallographic Association, USA, 1963.
- D.R. Lide, (ed.) in Chemical Rubber Company handbook of chemistry and physics, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, USA, 77th edition, 1996.
- J.W. Mellor in A comprehensive treatise on inorganic and theoretical chemistry, volumes 1-16, Longmans, London, UK, 1922-1937.
- J.E. Macintyre (ed.) in Dictionary of inorganic compounds, volumes 1-3, Chapman & Hall, London, UK, 1992.