- Formula: AsF3
- Hill system formula: As1F3
- CAS registry number: [7784-35-2]
- Formula weight: 131.917
- Class: fluoride
- Colour: colourless
- Appearance: liquid
- Melting point: -6°C
- Boiling point: 63°C; 58°C
- Density: 2700 kg m-3
The following are some synonyms of arsenic trifluoride:
- arsenic trifluoride
- arsenic(III) fluoride
- arsenic fluoride
The oxidation number of arsenic in arsenic trifluoride is 3.
Solid state structure
- Geometry of arsenic:
- Prototypical structure:
The table shows element percentages for AsF3 (arsenic trifluoride).
Isotope pattern for AsF3
The chart below shows the calculated isotope pattern for the formula AsF3 with the most intense ion set to 100%.
The data on these compounds pages are assembled and adapted from the primary literature and several other sources including the following.
- R.T. Sanderson in Chemical Periodicity, Reinhold, New York, USA, 1960.
- N.N. Greenwood and A. Earnshaw in Chemistry of the Elements, 2nd edition, Butterworth, UK, 1997.
- F.A. Cotton, G. Wilkinson, C.A. Murillo, and M. Bochmann, in Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
- A.F. Trotman-Dickenson, (ed.) in Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry, Pergamon, Oxford, UK, 1973.
- R.W.G. Wyckoff, in Crystal Structures, volume 1, Interscience, John Wiley & Sons, 1963.
- A.R.West in Basic solid state chemistry Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
- A.F. Wells in Structural inorganic chemistry, 4th edition, Oxford, UK, 1975.
- J.D.H. Donnay, (ed.) in Crystal data determinative tables, ACA monograph number 5, American Crystallographic Association, USA, 1963.
- D.R. Lide, (ed.) in Chemical Rubber Company handbook of chemistry and physics, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, USA, 77th edition, 1996.
- J.W. Mellor in A comprehensive treatise on inorganic and theoretical chemistry, volumes 1-16, Longmans, London, UK, 1922-1937.
- J.E. Macintyre (ed.) in Dictionary of inorganic compounds, volumes 1-3, Chapman & Hall, London, UK, 1992.