The Molymod® inorganic/organic set can be used to make any number of simple molecules and is designed to be appropriate for those needing to make many models such as teachers and lecturers.
Atom parts are made of solid plastic spheres and are available with from 1 – 6 holes in the usual angular orientations.
Contents of the Molymod® organic molecular models teacher set
The contents are contained within a sturdy plastic storage box.
- 24 carbon atoms (black, 4 hole, tetrahedral)
- 6 carbon atoms (black, 5 hole, trigonal bipyramidal)
- 2 carbon atoms (black, 2 hole, linear)
- 6 carbon atoms (black, 3 hole, trigonal)
- 12 oxygen atoms (red, 2 hole, angular)
- 40 hydrogen atoms (white, 1 hole)
- 4 nitrogen atoms (blue, 4 hole, tetrahedral)
- 1 sulfur atom (yellow, 4 holes, tetrahedral)
- 1 sulfur atom (yellow, 2 holes, angular)
- 4 phosphorus atoms (purple, 4 hole, tetrahedral)
- 8 halogen atoms (green, 1 hole)
- 2 metal atoms (grey, 6 holes, octahedral)
- 1 metal atoms (grey, 2 holes, angular)
- 55 medium links (grey, single bonds)
- 25 long flexible links (grey, double/triple bonds)
- 60 short links (white, all bond types)
- 1 tool (used for disassembling models containing short link bonds)
The Molymod® system is the original, unique, dual-scale system of high quality low-cost molecular models. these enormously popular sets are ideal for college use and are also used by scientists all over the world.
Important notice: Molymod® molecular model products are for use as a scientific educational and visualization aid, and consequently are not suitable for children less than 10 years of old.