The Molymod® organic chemistry set for students can be used to make models of many organic molecules and also to illustrate various forms of isomerism in organic systems.
Atom parts are made of solid plastic spheres and are available with from 1 – 6 holes in the usual angular orientations.
Contents of the Molymod® organic chemistry set for students
The contents are contained within a plastic storage box.
- 20 hydrogen atoms (white, 1 hole)
- 12 carbon atoms (black, 4 hole, tetrahedral)
- 2 nitrogen atoms (blue, 3 hole, trigonal)
- 2 nitrogen atoms (blue, 2 hole, angular)
- 6 oxygen atoms (red, 2 hole, angular)
- 1 sulphur atom (yellow, 4 hole, tetrahedral)
- 1 sulphur atom (yellow, 6 hole, octahedral)
- 4 halogen atoms (green, 1 hole)
- 1 metal atom (grey, 1 hole)
- 1 phosphorus atoms (purple, 4 hole, tetrahedral)
- 26 short white links (bonds)
- 26 medium grey links (bonds)
- 10 long grey flexible links (double/triple bonds)
The Molymod® system is the original, unique, dual-scale system of high quality low-cost molecular models. These enormously popular sets are ideal for college use but are also used by scientists all over the world.
Important notice: Molymod® atomic and molecular model products are scientific educational and visualization aid, and consequently are not suitable for children less than 10 years of old.