The Molymod® biochemistry set for students can be used to make any number of simple organic molecules but in particular the set is designed to allow the user to make many important biological molecules including amino acids, peptides, polysaccharides, purines, pyrimidines, glycerides, and phospholipids. The set includes some hydrogen atoms with two holes allowing the depiction of hydrogen bonding. Atom parts are made of attractive solid plastic spheres. In this set they are available with from 1 – 4 holes in the usual angular orientations.
Contents of the Molymod® biochemistry molecular model set (for students)
The contents are contained within a sturdy plastic storage box (235 x 170 x 35 mm) and includes a brief instruction leaflet.
- 12 carbon atoms (black, 4 holes, tetrahedral)
- 9 carbon atoms (black, 3 holes, trigonal)
- 11 oxygen atoms (red, 2 hole, angular)
- 2 oxygen atoms (red, 1 hole)
- 22 hydrogen atoms (white, 1 hole)
- 3 hydrogen atoms (white, 2 holes, for H-bonding)
- 3 nitrogen atoms (blue, 4 holes, tetrahedral)
- 6 nitrogen atoms (blue, 3 holes, trigonal)
- 2 nitrogen atom (blue, 2 holes, angular)
- 1 sulfur atom (yellow, 2 hole, angular)
- 1 phosphorus atom (purple, 4 hole, tetrahedral)
- 40 medium links (grey, single bonds)
- 10 long flexible links (grey, double bonds for instance)
The Molymod® system is the original, unique, dual-scale system of high quality low-cost molecular models. These enormously popular sets are ideal for students but are also used by scientists all over the world.
Important notice: Molymod® atomic and molecular model products are scientific educational and visualization aids, and consequently are not suitable for children less than 10 years old.