Atom parts are made of solid plastic spheres and are available with from 1 – 6 holes in the usual angular orientations. The kit contains three link types to represent chemical bonds. The Molymod® organic stereochemistry set also includes flat shapes representing p-orbitals useful for illustrating orbital interactions.
Contents of the Molymod® organic stereochemistry set (for students).
The contents are contained within a sturdy plastic storage box.
- 30 hydrogen atoms (white, molydome type)
- 14 carbon atoms (black, 4 hole, tetrahedral)
- 6 carbon atoms (black, 5 hole, trigonal bipyramidal)
- 4 nitrogen atoms (blue, 4 hole, tetrahedral)
- 6 oxygen atoms (red, 2 hole, angular)
- 8 halogen atoms (green, 1 hole)
- 2 bromine atoms (green, 1 hole)
- 2 iodine atoms (purple, 1 hole)
- 2 metal atoms (grey, 6 holes, octahedral)
- 40 medium links (grey, single bonds)
- 12 long flexible links (grey, double/triple bonds)
- 50 short links (white, all bond types)
- 1 tool (used for disassembling models containing short link bonds)
The Molymod® system is the original, unique, dual-scale system of high quality low-cost molecular models. These enormously popular sets are ideal for college use but are also used by scientists all over the world.
Important notice: These atomic and molecular model products are scientific educational and visualization aids, and consequently are not suitable for children less than 10 years of old.