Covalent radii (molecular single bond): periodicity
This gives single-bond covalent radii using specific group valencies and oxidation numbers.
NotesThis is a self-consistent system of additive covalent radii, R(AB)=r(A) + r(B), is set up for the entire periodic table, Groups 1+18, Z = 1+118. The primary bond lengths, R, are taken from experimental or theoretical data corresponding to chosen group valencies. All elements and all admitted data points are treated as equal. Radii were then obtained self-consistently through a least-squares fit. Specific molecular coordination numbers and oxidation states are chosen for each element involved.
- P. Pyykkö and M. Atsumi, Molecular Single-Bond Covalent Radii for Elements 1Ð118, Chem. Eur. J., 2009, 15, 186-197.
You can buy periodic table posters, mugs, T-shirts, fridge magnets, games, molecular models, and more at the WebElements shop
- Search WebElements
- Search Chemistry Web
- Essential data
- The elements round us
- Compounds: halides, oxides, sulfides, hydrides, and complexes; lattice energies; and reduction potentials
- Reactions of : reactions with air; water; halogens; acids; and bases
- Electronegativities: Pauling; Sanderson; Allred-Rochow; Mulliken-Jaffe; and Allen
- Bond enthalpies of diatomic species
- Lattice energies: oxides and halides
- Element properties
- Physics properties: boiling point; melting point; density; and molar volume; thermal conductivity; and electrical resistivity; bulk modulus; critical temperature; superconductivity temperature; hardness (mineralogical, Brinell, and Vickers); linear expansion coefficient; Poisson's ratio; reflectivity; refractive index; rigidity modulus; Young's modulus; and velocity of sound
- Crystal structure
- Thermochemistry: enthalpies of atomisation, fusion, and vaporisation, thermodynamic properties
- Atom properties
- Electronic properties: electronic configuration; term symbol; electron affinity; ionisation energies; and atomic spectra
- Atom sizes: atomic radii; Shannon and Pauling Ionic radii; covalent radius; metallic radius; element bond length; and Van der Waals radius
- Electron shell properties: effective nuclear charge; electron binding energies; and valence orbital radii maxima
- Nuclear properties
Search Chemistry Web