Electron binding energies (M-III): period 4d
The binding energies are quoted relative to the vacuum level for rare gases and H2, N2, O2, F2, and Cl2 molecules; relative to the Fermi level for metals; and relative to the top of the valence band for semiconductors.
I am grateful to Gwyn Williams (Brookhaven National Laboratory, USA) who provided the electron binding energy data. The data are adapted from references 1-3. They are tabulated elsewhere on the WWW (reference 4) and in paper form (reference 5).
- J. A. Bearden and A. F. Burr, "Reevaluation of X-Ray Atomic Energy Levels," Rev. Mod. Phys., 1967, 39, 125.
- M. Cardona and L. Ley, Eds., Photoemission in Solids I: General Principles (Springer-Verlag, Berlin) with additional corrections, 1978.
- J. C. Fuggle and N. Mårtensson, "Core-Level Binding Energies in Metals," J. Electron Spectrosc. Relat. Phenom., 1980, 21, 275.
- D.R. Lide, (ed.) in Chemical Rubber Company handbook of chemistry and physics, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, USA, 79th edition, 1998.
You can buy periodic table posters, mugs, T-shirts, fridge magnets, games, molecular models, and more at the WebElements shop
- Search WebElements
- Search Chemistry Web
- Essential data
- The elements round us
- Compounds: halides, oxides, sulfides, hydrides, and complexes; lattice energies; and reduction potentials
- Reactions of : reactions with air; water; halogens; acids; and bases
- Electronegativities: Pauling; Sanderson; Allred-Rochow; Mulliken-Jaffe; and Allen
- Bond enthalpies of diatomic species
- Lattice energies: oxides and halides
- Element properties
- Physics properties: boiling point; melting point; density; and molar volume; thermal conductivity; and electrical resistivity; bulk modulus; critical temperature; superconductivity temperature; hardness (mineralogical, Brinell, and Vickers); linear expansion coefficient; Poisson's ratio; reflectivity; refractive index; rigidity modulus; Young's modulus; and velocity of sound
- Crystal structure
- Thermochemistry: enthalpies of atomisation, fusion, and vaporisation, thermodynamic properties
- Atom properties
- Electronic properties: electronic configuration; term symbol; electron affinity; ionisation energies; and atomic spectra
- Atom sizes: atomic radii; Shannon and Pauling Ionic radii; covalent radius; metallic radius; element bond length; and Van der Waals radius
- Electron shell properties: effective nuclear charge; electron binding energies; and valence orbital radii maxima
- Nuclear properties
Search Chemistry Web