Bulk modulus: period 3
The bulk modulus refers to the ratio of pressure to the decrease in volume. This is the inverse of compressibility.
To convert GPa to Pa multiply by 109.
Data are largely from references 1, 2, and 3. Data for the lanthanides were taken from reference 4. Some other data is in reference 5.
- A.M. James and M.P. Lord in Macmillan's Chemical and Physical Data, Macmillan, London, UK, 1992.
- G.W.C. Kaye and T.H. Laby in Tables of physical and chemical constants, Longman, London, UK, 15th edition, 1993.
- G.V. Samsonov (Ed.) in Handbook of the physicochemical properties of the elements, IFI-Plenum, New York, USA, 1968.
- D.R. Lide, (Ed.) in Chemical Rubber Company handbook of chemistry and physics, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, USA, 79th edition, 1998.
- H. Ellis (Ed.) in Nuffield Advanced Science Book of Data, Longman, London, UK, 1972.
You can buy periodic table posters, mugs, T-shirts, fridge magnets, games, molecular models, and more at the WebElements shop
- Search WebElements
- Search Chemistry Web
- Essential data
- The elements round us
- Compounds: halides, oxides, sulfides, hydrides, and complexes; lattice energies; and reduction potentials
- Reactions of : reactions with air; water; halogens; acids; and bases
- Electronegativities: Pauling; Sanderson; Allred-Rochow; Mulliken-Jaffe; and Allen
- Bond enthalpies of diatomic species
- Lattice energies: oxides and halides
- Element properties
- Physics properties: boiling point; melting point; density; and molar volume; thermal conductivity; and electrical resistivity; bulk modulus; critical temperature; superconductivity temperature; hardness (mineralogical, Brinell, and Vickers); linear expansion coefficient; Poisson's ratio; reflectivity; refractive index; rigidity modulus; Young's modulus; and velocity of sound
- Crystal structure
- Thermochemistry: enthalpies of atomisation, fusion, and vaporisation, thermodynamic properties
- Atom properties
- Electronic properties: electronic configuration; term symbol; electron affinity; ionisation energies; and atomic spectra
- Atom sizes: atomic radii; Shannon and Pauling Ionic radii; covalent radius; metallic radius; element bond length; and Van der Waals radius
- Electron shell properties: effective nuclear charge; electron binding energies; and valence orbital radii maxima
- Nuclear properties
Search Chemistry Web