I am indebted to a number of important contibutors, some of whom are detailed below.
Nearing ZeroWebElements™ has added Nearing Zero cartoons included by kind permission of Nick Kim, an example of a rare breed, a chemist who can produce excellent cartoons.
More contributorsI am grateful to the following experts:
- Gwyn Williams (Brookhaven National Laboratory, USA) who provided the electron binding energy data
- Dr Don Jenkins (University of Warwick, UK) who provided the lattice energy data
- Professor J.A. Kerr (University of Birmingham, UK) for the provision of the bond strengths of diatomic molecules data
- Professor Robin Harris (University of Durham, UK) who provided much of the NMR data, which are copyright 1996 IUPAC
- Professor Pekka Pyykkö (University of Helsinki, Finland) who provided the nuclear quadrupole moment data
- Barry Evans and Graham McElearney (University of Sheffield, UK) who provided some of the photographs of my fireworks. I am also pleased to acknowledge Steve Collier (Sheffield University Television) who filmed and digitized the video clips of my fireworks
- Malcolm Rathbone of Thessco, Sheffield, UK, who allowed me to photograph several elements on their site and for several pictures. And for putting on great parties over the years!
- Dr Andrew Goodfellow of Advent Research Materials Ltd, Oxford, UK, who allowed me to photograph samples of several elements so that you can see what they look like. Advent Research Materials are suppliers of high quality sample of metals (alloys, foils, sheets, wires, mesh, rods, tubes) for research and development and for industry. Further details on their web site