WebElements

the periodic table on the WWW. Up and running since September 1993

Number of elements present in the periodic table

Please let me know what is the total number of elements present in the periodic table? Some say it is 114, Others say it is 118 . There are still others who claim the number to be 122. Justify your answer giving reasons.

Recent articles and other publications on the Periodic Table

An article appeared in the British chemistry magazine, 'Chemistry World'
recently, entitled Periodic Change, by Eric Scerri. In it Scerri reviews the alterantive periodic tables currently available and explains the main categories of periodic systems. see his website for other titles
http://faculty.chemistry.ucla.edu/institution/personnel?personnel%5fid=294334
Another article is by Michelle Francl in the new journal 'Nature Chremistry' issue 2. This is titled 'Table Manners'. Also, Eric Scerri Selected Papers on the Periodic Table, Imperial College Press, 2009.

chemistry

the question is;

in an equilibrium mixture of reactants and products at 400 degrees celsius,in a steel vessel with volume 10 dm cube,there were 2.0 mol of ammonia,5.5 mol of nitrogen and 5.0 mol 0f hydrogen.

calculate equilibrium constant at this temperature?

Chemistry Software

Hey everyone. I really only joined this forum for one, well, two reasons. Firstly, Id like to ask for help and ideas with a project im working on. It's an application that can solve equations and do conversions. (not like an ordinary calculator, though) It also can do a number of other things.. ..has a periodic table, a standard calculator, a journal, etc. My second reason was to show off what I have a little bit. Just a little, though. :]

Help Plz!!!!!

Ok I am in AP Chemistry 2 and I have no clue what I am doing... so can someone help me with this problem??

Hexamethylenetetramine was used for the treatment of kidney and bladder infections prior to the development of modern antibiotic drugs. Combustion of 0.2897 g of this compound produced 0.5456 g of CO2 and ).2234 g of H2O. Separate nitrogen assay of a 0.3801 g sample yielded 0.1848 g of ammonia. What is the empirical formula of this compound?

Chemistry queries

Hi,

Are you having weird questions in your mind while you study organic chemistry, write the questions to me and get your queries resolved.I am a Doctorate in Organic Chemistry and I am sure to solve your all the queries. Write your queries at nidhi.o.sharma@gmail.com.

Feeds from www3.interscience.wiley.com

I find the news aggregator very helpful.Kindly include feeds from interscience.wiley.viz. Angewandte Chemie International Edition,Advanced Material,Small, Functional Material.If you can include feeds from Sciencedirect.com it will add the richness of this site.
With Regards,
Samuel L. Ralte,
Hyderabad,India

The Copyright

I've translated the contents of hydrogenium and helium into simplified Chinese from your site but not published on anywhere. I want to get the permission from the author in order to submit it on the Internet. Could I?
You can download the attachment, but you should change the extension into ".zip" before you open it.

The address of the attachment:
http://www.webelements.com/nexus/files/001、H.pdf

Color of Ion ?

I have a problem in detecting the color of ion in solution.
Ex: ion Fe 2+ in sulution is blue , but what is the color of AgF ?
AgBr , and more ??? Can you help me with a table of color !
Thanks so much !

Can anyone help me?

Why when breaking in a car a normal balloon will travel forwards but helium balloon will travel backwards?

WebElements: the periodic table on the WWW [http://www.webelements.com/]

Copyright 1993-20010 Mark Winter [The University of Sheffield and WebElements Ltd, UK]. All rights reserved.