periodic table listing the charges

i need a free periodic table that lists the "charges" that each element generally has

example:
Oxygen generally has a charge of -2

Helium is a noble gas and is very stable to it has a charge of zero
chlorines charges in order of most common to least common are -1, +1, +3, +5, +7

a list of these would be great- and a list of compounds and their charges would be wonderful also :D

im in chemistry currently and im having trouble making chemical equations so ive gotten desperate and put this up :oops:

plz help :?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Did you have did this?

Did you have did this?

wonderful information, I had

wonderful information, I had come to know about your blog from my friend nandu , hyderabad,i have read atleast 7 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your website gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a ton once again, Regards, periodic table with charges

periodic table charges

periodic table charges

Franc's picture

I have one of this in a doc

I have one of this in a doc file.

This site has many versions of the Period Chart to chose from; the NY Regents' Table has oxidation states in it; there are others. Try this website for downloadable tables.

http://www.sciencegeek.net/tables/NYregents.pdf

[color=darkgreen]Please be careful not to confuse [b]charges[/b] with [b]oxidation states[/b]. Charges of simple ions are as follows:

Hydrogen: either +1 or -1, depending on whether it's hydrogen or hydride.
Column 1A metals (Li, Na, K, Rb, Cs, Fr): +1.
Column 2A metals (Be, Mg, Ca, Sr, Ba, Ra): +2
Column 3A (Al, Ga): +3
Column 4A (C, Si): usually form covalent compounds or are found in polyatomic ions.
Column 5A (N, P, As): -3
Column 6A (O, S, Se, Te, Po): -2
Column 7A (F, Cl, Br, I, At): -1.

These are the charges. Many times, the charges are one of the common oxidation states. Transition metals (the ones in the d-block, ie, iron, cobalt, chromium, nickel, etc.) are often capable of having different charges, for example iron can be ferric or ferrous.[/color]

Is this the complete and

Is this the complete and exact list buddy? I believe it is.

more twitter followers fast

WebElements: the periodic table on the WWW [http://www.webelements.com/]

Copyright 1993-20010 Mark Winter [The University of Sheffield and WebElements Ltd, UK]. All rights reserved.