Allan more help please

Hi again,
Sorry for pestering you but I need you.
Q.
A can of diet fizzy drink may contain 70x10-3g of aspartame(Nutrasweet) as the artificial sweetner.Aspartame has the molecular formula C14 H18 N2 O5

i)Calculate the number of mol of aspartame in a can of drink.

ii)Calculate the number of molecules of aspartame present;

iii)Calculate the mass of one molecule of aspartame in grams and micrograms.DATA NA=6.023 x 10[power of 23] mol-1

hope you can help.thanks

Tags:

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Allan more help please

[quote="gloria"]Hi again,
Sorry for pestering you but I need you.
Q.
A can of diet fizzy drink may contain 70x10-3g of aspartame(Nutrasweet) as the artificial sweetner.Aspartame has the molecular formula C14 H18 N2 O5

i)Calculate the number of mol of aspartame in a can of drink.

ii)Calculate the number of molecules of aspartame present;

iii)Calculate the mass of one molecule of aspartame in grams and micrograms.DATA NA=6.023 x 10[power of 23] mol-1

hope you can help.thanks[/quote]
Number of moles = [u]mass[/u] (in grams)
[color=DDDDDD]Number of moles = [/color]RMM

for i) you know the number of grams, and you can calculate the RMM (Relative Molecular Mass, or perhaps you know it as A[size=8]r[/size] or M[size=8]r[/size]) from the atomic masses of each element in aspartame and its chemical formula.

for ii), just multiply the number of moles bu Avagadros numbe, N[size=8]A[/size].

for iii), you know the number of molecules [from ii)] and the mass of all of the molecules [given in the question], so just divide the total mass by the number there are, and you have the mass of on molecule - in grams. Divide by 1,000,000 (10 to the 6) for micrograms.

Allan u the man

Hi,

Of course thats how you do it,I knew that really(course I didnt).
You make it oh so simple allan.

An extremely large THANK YOU again.

This may sound stupid but I'm going to ask anyway,how do you make your letters and numbers tiny like for 10 to the -3 or like with NA?
I have tried changing the font size to tiny but its not happening.I bet this is a really stupid question is it?

Re: Allan u the man

[quote="gloria"]This may sound stupid but I'm going to ask anyway,how do you make your letters and numbers tiny like for 10 to the -3 or like with NA?
I have tried changing the font size to tiny but its not happening.I bet this is a really stupid question is it?[/quote]
For "subscript" I use smaller letters:[code:1][size=8]Subscript letters[/size][/code:1]
For superscript, I can only do ² and ³ - use your number pad on your keyboard, Num lock on, and hold down Alt, type 0178 or 0179, then let go of Alt.

Hi allan,

Yes,Yes,YES!

You are ² good ² be true.

Thanks darling, mwah!

WebElements: the periodic table on the WWW [http://www.webelements.com/]

Copyright 1993-20010 Mark Winter [The University of Sheffield and WebElements Ltd, UK]. All rights reserved.