i need help with noble gasses...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Nobile gases are helium (He), neon (Ne), argon (Ar), krypton (Kr), xenon (Xe) and radon (Rn) (radioactive). They are all nonmetals in the 18th group. They have eight valentic electrons, so they make compounds very hard. Their compounds are KrF2, XeF2, XeF4, XeF6, XeOF2, XeO3,XeO4 and XeOF4. Krypton valence: 2. Xenon valence: 2,4 and 6. Helium is used in meterological baloons. After all, I think yuo have enough information on this site.

Hmmm.... Thats a very vague question.

lol look at his name
now i know why he asked the question so greedy(couldn't think of another word)

I think Ar is used in flourescent lights

If you don't know, you probably shouldn't answer. :roll:

Now that you know the names of all of the noble or inert gasses, you should be able to click on the individual elements in the periodic chart and gather the other information for yourself. They are all in group 18.

No, Ar is sometimes used to fill incandescent bulbs, but its chief use in in welding; fluorescent bulbs have Hg vapor in them; sometimes inert gasses, especially Ne is used for colored effects; Kr gives an intense orange-red color that has become the standard for defining the meter; Xe is ised for strobe lights. At any rate you can now find many fascinating things by using the periodic chart.

Noble gases are mostly unreacting because thay have full outer shells. If you want to know more about them, ie. what there used for, you should try looking at something like a MSDS, Material Safey Data Sheet. Thay are avalible on line every were, here is one that i use http//80-ccinfoweb.ccohs.ca.ezproxy. i don't know if you need to register though.

WebElements: the periodic table on the WWW [http://www.webelements.com/]

Copyright 1993-20010 Mark Winter [The University of Sheffield and WebElements Ltd, UK]. All rights reserved.