Updates to WebElements?

How come this site hasn't been updated in so long? I noticed there has been absolutely no change in the website content (like the homepage, and not counting news) since the name for element 111 (roentgenium, formerly unununium) was proposed.

The periodic table was last updated on March 17, 2003. It's been nearly two years and two months!

I'm sure someone has brought up this issue before. Does it have to do with limited funding or something (not to be offend the site's owners)?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

im pretty sure thaat if there was somthing worth updatin gthen it would be done...atm there is not...

This is an issue TO BE CONCERNED...

[quote="me_pearse"]im pretty sure thaat if there was somthing worth updatin gthen it would be done...atm there is not...[/quote]

Worry about your spelling and grammar first. :wink:

Not much grammar problem. Just typos.

Re: Updates to WebElements?

[quote="Super-Magician®"]How come this site hasn't been updated in so long? I noticed there has been absolutely no change in the website content (like the homepage, and not counting news) since the name for element 111 (roentgenium, formerly unununium) was proposed.

The periodic table was last updated on March 17, 2003. It's been nearly two years and two months!

I'm sure someone has brought up this issue before. Does it have to do with limited funding or something (not to be offend the site's owners)?[/quote]

I'm still here, just busy. Changes are coming in a number of areas. Please be patient.

But the "news" is 2003 already..

Re: Updates to WebElements

Sorry about the wording in my first post, and I understand that you (referring to Mark Winter/Admin) are busy with many things.

Anyway, thanks for the table update!

A rew mistakes to correct the next time updates take place

Next time updates are made to the site, you may want to correct the crystal structure of Ge which is diamond and not CCP (with space gropu Fd-3m). Also, the top picture of the Si crystal structure shows a FCC unit cell which corresponds to CCP, but Si also has the diamond crystal structure.

Re: A rew mistakes to correct the next time updates take pla

[quote="dvg"]Next time updates are made to the site, you may want to correct the crystal structure of Ge which is diamond and not CCP (with space gropu Fd-3m). Also, the top picture of the Si crystal structure shows a FCC unit cell which corresponds to CCP, but Si also has the diamond crystal structure.[/quote]

Thanks for that - wlil look into it

WebElements: the periodic table on the WWW [http://www.webelements.com/]

Copyright 1993-20010 Mark Winter [The University of Sheffield and WebElements Ltd, UK]. All rights reserved.