Ni-Cr alloy etching agent

[b]hi everyone is there anyone that knows the etching agent for Ni-Cr alloys
[/b]

Tags:

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Here is a PDF file I found on Ni/Cr thin film resistors. They have a section on etching of said alloys. There may be easier ways to do the etching (as this is specific for circuit processing), depending on what exactly your trying to accomplish.

www.gould.com/papers/01_ThinFilm.pdf

[quote="scarf"]Here is a PDF file I found on Ni/Cr thin film resistors. They have a section on etching of said alloys. There may be easier ways to do the etching (as this is specific for circuit processing), depending on what exactly your trying to accomplish.

www.gould.com/papers/01_ThinFilm.pdf[/quote]

thank you very much for your reply, however I need a chemical solution for etching a Solid Ni-Cr alloy. After etching process I will use a microscope to examine its microstructure..
if you have any information about this process would you reply this topic
thanks.

when I prep my ceramic samples for grain size, i thermally etch my polished samples (melting temp of material around 1600 C, I etch at like 1000-1100 C; soak for 10 minutes). In that article, it looks like HCl will react, so maybe treat it with a dilute HCl solution.

WebElements: the periodic table on the WWW [http://www.webelements.com/]

Copyright 1993-20010 Mark Winter [The University of Sheffield and WebElements Ltd, UK]. All rights reserved.