How are elements made?

How are elements made? Can someone please teach me, because I'm extremely interested. :!: :?:

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

First let me suggest you change your name as "u-r-all-gay-lab-rats" is rather unprofessional.

Elements are not made. at least most arnt. most of the elements were extracted from naturally occuring compounds. Certain ellements are made with nuclear processes that are WAY beyony either of our understanding.

I'm sure you can understand them

they just accelerate the poor little nuclei up to RIDICULOUSLY fast speeds,
smash them together,
and their nuclei merge, re-arrange their insides,
and splurge apart as different elements.

Kinda like formula one racing,
only more expensive.

fusion in stars then supernova explosion and then distribution thru out galaxy and finally acretion as planets :roll:

I really don't beleive most of what I see here cause it contradicts my religion, but anyways...

I think all of these are super cool theories, I wish I could understand them. :(

~TV~

what's your religion,
the Church of Stoopid?

No science contradicts True Christianity.

Unless you wish to call your God a liar.

Science Contradicts True Christianity

I hate to sound blasphemist, but God didn't create religion, people did. Anyway, this is a scientific website, why are we discussing religion?

Thanks for the info on elements, I always wondered how that may happen.

Re: Science Contradicts True Christianity

[quote="narrabritownsend"]I hate to sound blasphemist, but God didn't create religion, people did. Anyway, this is a scientific website, why are we discussing religion?[/quote]
God essentially created Christianity, if you believe Jesus is the Son of God.

And this is a forum, where general things can be discussed. I'm sure Admin doesn't mind us going off-topic a little bit, as long as it isn't spamming rubbish.

Nothing wrong with a good bit of debate.

So did God also create the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, and the genocide of the various South and Central American civilizations by the Conquistadors?
Or was that just people? :P

[quote="feline1"]So did God also create the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, and the genocide of the various South and Central American civilizations by the Conquistadors?
Or was that just people? :P[/quote]
People did, most certainly.

But your question is flawed....God created Christianity, the following if Jesus, because he created Jesus specifically for that task..

(Well, also for the task of dying for sins etc. etc.)

that's very different from all the examples you gave...the plotters of all of those events were just normal humans.

WebElements: the periodic table on the WWW [http://www.webelements.com/]

Copyright 1993-20010 Mark Winter [The University of Sheffield and WebElements Ltd, UK]. All rights reserved.