Screen Background Periodic Tables

Hi there,

I've been searching on the Web for a good periodic table to set as the background on my PC - but haven't found one yet. Are there either any good recommendations, or is this something WebElements could think of providing via the downloads section? Ideally also at a range of resolutions - I run at 1400x1050 and tried a smaller table but it's not pretty!

Thanks

Chris

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Screen Background Periodic Tables

[quote="ewels"]I run at 1400x1050 and tried a smaller table but it's not pretty![/quote]
TFT monitor then (or even a laptop).

Assuming you are using the 'Stretch' option, I find 1280x1024 images usually come out OK.

Not that I know of any PT wallpapers.

Yup, laptop.

1400*1050? Sorry, not many things can suit you because less than 0.1% of the world's computer population takes this resolution...

Periodic table screen backgrounds

Fear you're missing the point! I don't mind if it's in 1024x768 (larger is of course better) as can stretch it to match the background, would just like a good, clear periodic table designed for use as a desktop wallpaper!

[quote="Deryck"]1400*1050? Sorry, not many things can suit you because less than 0.1% of the world's computer population takes this resolution...[/quote]
Lots of laptop users tend to have that screen resolution.

Re: Screen Background Periodic Tables

[quote="ewels"]Hi there,

I've been searching on the Web for a good periodic table to set as the background on my PC - but haven't found one yet. Are there either any good recommendations, or is this something WebElements could think of providing via the downloads section? Ideally also at a range of resolutions - I run at 1400x1050 and tried a smaller table but it's not pretty!

Thanks

Chris[/quote]

I can probably do that. On Macs pretty well any graphic can be a screen bg - is it the same for PCs?

I know bitmaps and JPEGs can.
Have never tried anything else.

hehe, well if I were confronted with such a situation, I would create a new blank picture with the dimensions 1400x1050. Then paste a normal resolution (1280x1024 would be the closest resolution match) PT into it. I guess you could think of it as watching a Wide Screen format movie, on a standard TV. Could even color fill the new blank areas to match the background of the PT, so it would be seamless.

WebElements: the periodic table on the WWW [http://www.webelements.com/]

Copyright 1993-20010 Mark Winter [The University of Sheffield and WebElements Ltd, UK]. All rights reserved.