Advanced Chemistry Question Serious Answers Please ...

Greetings ,,

Is there a possible way to combine Yttrium and Phosphours while Using Carbon as a cataylst ..

What Uses Can we get from this New Compound ...

For more Detalis Contact me on my E-mail ..

Thank you for your patronage ..

Jamal

Tags:

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I suppose there is some scope for superconductivity. But I haven't covered that, so don't really know.

The high temp super conductors are based on oxides...Though I guess you could oxidize the products while calcining or something. I did find this, though I don't know what carbon would do other than help reduce the reactants.

http://www.standards.cc/spiweb/reepo/yttrium_phosphate.html

I guess they use it as one of the standards for calibration of energy dispersive spectroscopy in e- microscopes. I don't know if thats really what your looking for

seems its gonna get a little bit complex here

thanks for the guys who replied ,

There is one more thing Ytrrium is a transtioin Metal Like Fe " Iron " i will get lot of results from it ..

so my new question if i use Diffrent methods of ionic Bonding what are the results ..

Ex. if used Radioactive way or Ultravoilet with a specific Frequancy , Heat , Electristy ... in the End i Want to get an Elemnt that stands like this ... Note the arrangment of the elemnts arent important at the moment ,,

i want to get PYC ... number of Molucles not known yet but it might be an Energy breakthrough ..

i await your Proffisnal conterbution ..

the arrangment of the elements is the most important thing. The arrangement will determine the properties, both optical and mechanical. Its fundemental when applying any advanced analysis such as crystal field theory or tensor analysis to predict properties (electrical properties to mechanical properties).

Your going to have to do a thorough literature review, to see if these elements are even compatible. For example, search the JCPDS database <http://www.icdd.com/> to see if anyone has presented results for a P-Y-C type compound. If anyone has synethsized or calculated the crystal structure for this range of compounds, it should be in their database.

I'm thinking the best way to combine these elements would be to dope yittrium carbide with P. Carbides are a strange group of compounds, with very useful properties in both mechanical/thermal applications, to electrical and optical applications. I known very little about P containing crystals/compounds, so good luck in your work.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish, and what was your basis for selecting P-Y-C ?

[/u]

P-Y-C ... The reason i choose it is ...

Well Scarf to tell you the truth i wasn't in the past 3 years intersted in chemistry till one day to be exact on 14 of april 2001 , i was doing a reserch on Miniture Robotics , i had one slight problem that can be fixed with the new technology battries and that was the power feeding them ..
i just went to bed and fallen a sleep for about 20 minutes then i had that vision i saw a Bug like Robot it was like 5 cm long and it was moving freely then i saw three letters inscribed in it body PYC and there was Numbers between them i dont remeber them , after that i Surfed the net for about 4 months without knowing what i was searching for i just Wrote PYC as a serach subject , then one day i was searching in the company i work for library and went by coinsedince to the chemistry Section and saw the Elemnts Perodic Table .
and i just saw the letters and began an extensive reserch on them but due to my lack of experince in Chemistry i couldnt acheive Anything till the day i found this website Fourm ..
it may sound like a fantasy but i believe thats there is some use to it , i believe that was a vision of the future of energy sources ...

i think i wrote to much here ..

But im very very exicted to know that i might achieve a tiny advancment in my project even if i cant see the results in my life time maybe my cheldiren will benefit from it ..

How can you use Carbon as a catylst?...

:twisted:

WebElements: the periodic table on the WWW [http://www.webelements.com/]

Copyright 1993-20010 Mark Winter [The University of Sheffield and WebElements Ltd, UK]. All rights reserved.