Where did the elements come from?

Please if you could help ( I need it for my homework) :D .I have looked on the internet and had no results. If you could lead me in the right direction I would be much obliged. 8)
Libertylover :wink:

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

They come from stars.
Nuclear fusion fuses together H atoms into He, then eventually when there is enough He, these start to fuse together with other H & He atoms to make Li and Be, and the process goes on and on.

Eventually the star blows up (supernova) and the elements are spread out all over the universe.

I've probably missed some important details there, not really my area. But that should give you some idea to make a better google search, if nobody else responds.

The Big Bang; after the primordial explosion the matter of universe clumped together as H[sub]2[/sub] and He which clumped together as stars; these atoms then fused to form larger nuclear groupings. As stars exploded (supernovae) the heavier elements were dispersed into the universe creating the earth and us. Not just Zsa Zsa Gabor, but we ourselves are faded stars.

More complete information about this can be found in P. A. Cox's book The Elements: their origins, abundances and distributions. You might also google nucleosynthesis.

yeah but that's all rubbish ;-)
as stars are *actually* anode discharages for galactic
Birkeland currents.
Elements get synthesized in the accelerating E-field smashes on the photoshpheres,
not by some non-existent internal fusion lol

(I realise you'll all think I'm talking rubbish,
but wait 50 years or so and you'll see.... ;-)

I think I'll wait til feline wins a Nobel prize

hardly,
these ideas are not my own...

they come from folk like Hannes Alfven (who already did get a Nobel prize!), Halton Arp, Birkeland, C.E.Bruce, Ralph Jeurgens, Earl Milton, Eric Crew, Immanuel Velikovsky, Wal Thornhill...

Surely you'll have to concede Fe to H is/can be mathmatically and physically accounted for by fusion :) . Maybe, just maybe these birkeland currents could produce elements as well. But I think the flux wouldn't be sufficent to account for everything.

From what I've read, it is pretty much similiar to smashing atoms together in a particle accelerator/collider?

If so, wouldn't we be able to detect these gamma and/or x-rays, and back calculate the reaction?

I'm just curious, as i haven't really heard of this theory until this morning. photospheres = pulsars/neutron stars?

dont neutron stars decay rapidly after their formation?

Precisely - if you're going to do nuclear fusion,
you accelerate the nuclei using an ELECTRIC field in a particle accelerator,
not using GRAVITY lol
Nature always does things the easy efficient way...

It's fairly obvious to a young whelp like me that the universe shines because of electric discharge, not gravity-induced fusion.
The large scale structure of the universe looks exactly like plasma filaments (because it IS plasma filaments)

Glaxies rotate and interact with each other obeying the laws of electrodynamics, not Newton's inverse square.
(This "99% of the universe is Dark Matter" is the Phlostigen of the 20th century)

What do you think drives planetary weather systems? The jovian planets have atmospheric winds of hundreds of miles an hour - is solar heat warming them up...? ;-)

http//www.holoscience.com/ is a good site for this....
(but actually http//www.electric-cosmos.org/ is better )

For the elements above Uranium you have to use a cyclotron to generate.

what about neptunium-239? it is formed in nuclear reactors and other unknown(or known) circumstances when uranium-238 absorbs a neutron

WebElements: the periodic table on the WWW [http://www.webelements.com/]

Copyright 1993-20010 Mark Winter [The University of Sheffield and WebElements Ltd, UK]. All rights reserved.