transition metals

my teacher wants us to state the charges for each element, and i was wondering how you could do that for transition metals; don't they depend on other elements for their charges? And what are vaariable charged metals?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

hi my teacher asked us to

hi my teacher asked us to find out the properties of transition metals and gave us this site but im not very good with the internet and i dont now how to find what i want on this site PLEASE HELP me i need to now so i can complete my course work. where can i find what i need on this site \

Try this link:

Try this link: www.webelements.com

Click on the transition elements you want to know the properties of, and a page will open up with all the information you need - boiling points, melting points, compounds, oxidation states etc. etc.

And be patient on here - there are no staff here to answer you 24/7!

Re: transition metals

[quote="babiej4u637"]my teacher wants us to state the charges for each element, and i was wondering how you could do that for transition metals; don't they depend on other elements for their charges? And what are vaariable charged metals?[/quote]
Variable charged metals are those metals that can vary their 'charge' (Oxidation State), depending on the environment they are in.
As you correctly stated, the transition metals generally have different oxidation states when with different elements.

If you look on the main website, under 'compunds of' or 'oxidation numbers of' for each element, you should get a good guide of the range of oxidation states (charges) available to them. They are in roman numerals after the name of the metal.

You should find a peak in number with Mn.

Also, you could just google for 'transition metal oxidation states', there should be plenty of sites.

Help

Help

i need help me teacher told

i need help me teacher told us to find properties of transiton metals where do i look on this site i need help right now

try more

about Fe ions

i'm doing chemistry exe andi got a q i didntknow hw to answer.anyone can help me?
the Question is
Use hydrogen sulphide gas to differentiate between two types of iron ions. Describe the observations and write downthe chemical equations.

this wont help you atol i

this wont help you atol i just want to say i understand y u dont now the answer lol

WebElements: the periodic table on the WWW [http://www.webelements.com/]

Copyright 1993-20010 Mark Winter [The University of Sheffield and WebElements Ltd, UK]. All rights reserved.