brewer's yeast

what is the chemical fomula for the metabolic process of brewer's yeast? i know it 'eats' sugar and produces carbon dioxide and some kind of alcohol, but is there a chemical formula for this process maybe as ther is one for photosynthesis in plants?

Tags:

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Well, it is a microorganism...

:roll:

Yeast is just yeast.
Chlorolphyll (sp!?) is just very clever stuff that does photosynthesis.

We have used yeast in labs at university, and all we are required to know it what it does. As for photosynthesis, that is still an area of much research - so again, all you need to know is what it does, and don't get overly concerned about exactly how.

Of course, if either interests you, then don't let me put you off your quest for further knowledge :D

Fermentation Reaction: C[sub]6[/sub]H[sub]12[/sub]O[sub]6[/sub] → 2C[sub]2[/sub]H[sub]5[/sub]OH + 2CO[sub]2[/sub]
Photostnthesis Reaction: 6CO[sub]2[/sub] + 6H[sub]2[/sub]O → 6O[sub]2[/sub] + C[sub]6[/sub]H[sub]12[/sub]O[sub]6[/sub]

brewer's yeast

Thanks very much, that's actually all i wanted to know.

WebElements: the periodic table on the WWW [http://www.webelements.com/]

Copyright 1993-20010 Mark Winter [The University of Sheffield and WebElements Ltd, UK]. All rights reserved.