What do you think is the 'coolest' element?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

the coolest is Cu i think
cos Cu[2+] is so nice!

[quote="WEFuser"]sodium...just add water...and BOOM! ive never seen it happen but my friend told me a story about it and it seemed cool.[/quote]

If you think sodium is cool try something else.
It has to be caesium for me, or Nitrogen. Caesium because I once heard of a man who stood on top of his shed and dropped a small piece (about 10g) into a bath of water, it destroyed the bath and shed with the explosion and water.

Also Nitrogen because of my intrest in explosives (Potassium Nitrate, Ammonium Nitrate, Nitrogen Triiodide etc)

[quote="WEFuser"]sodium...just add water...and BOOM! ive never seen it happen but my friend told me a story about it and it seemed cool.[/quote]

Sodium and water doesn't boom... Caesium and water booms XDDDD

Gadolinium-I like J.Gadolin
(also Technetium)

hmm... i think quicksilver is cool. if you don't know what is quicksilver, quicksilver is none other than mercury.

For me, it is potassium. Firstly, it is reactive. Secondly, i could see it reacting with water in real life, not on TV or internet. (well i don't get to play with it, my teacher can play with it and i can watch) Thirdly, it burns with a lilac flame which is cool.

Gallium by far.

I like being able to hold it in my hands and watch it melt.

Rutherfordium

I have a new obsession with Hydrogen, probably because my Science Fair project involves Citric Acid (hydrogen ions, silly!). I also like the simplicity of it. I mean, I can draw it with my keyboard:

(o)

Carbon is also cool. It's kind of the quintessential atom, as in when the average person thinks of an atom, they think of a carbon one.

"Coolest Element"

It's [b]NEON[/b]!! Every element wants to be like Neon!! It's so cool to be stable. Something about 10 protons is very stable. All Noble Gases are actually stable and the other elements want to be stable like they are. That's why they either gain or lose (some groups) electrons to be like the noble gases!! Cool huh?

WebElements: the periodic table on the WWW [http://www.webelements.com/]

Copyright 1993-20010 Mark Winter [The University of Sheffield and WebElements Ltd, UK]. All rights reserved.