How to Clean Tincture of Iodine Stains

Some of me very valuable document (white in color) got stained in Tincture of Iodine that i was using to clean a wound. The papers turned black and i was asking if you guys have any advice on which chemical or detergent i can use to clean this papers. Someone told me it's possible but i have since then lost contacts with him.

Thanking you in advance for your time

Abebe

Tags:

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Hi, Here is steps of how to

Hi,

Here is steps of how to Clean Tincture of Iodine Stains, Follow here:

1.Shop at the local supermarket for a laundry detergent that contains enzyme or protein stain remover. There are a few brands on the market.

2.Mix one teaspoon of the detergent with 1/2 cup of warm water in a plastic measuring cup or container. Stir until the detergent dissolves.

3.Lay the stained clothing or fabric on a flat surface. Place a clean cloth or towel on the table or counter before treating the stain.

4.Apply the solution to the iodine stain using paper towels or a clean sponge. Cover the stain with the solution, making sure it is well saturated.

5.Leave the solution on the stain for at least 30 minutes or longer. Rinse under warm running water in the sink for about five minutes. Let the clothing or fabric dry.

Wrynn's picture

Thanks Brendan! I had similar

Thanks Brendan! I had similar question but reposting seemed pointless and here you are with an aswer. Fantastic. Thanks again.

cliffmiller's picture

The first step in removing

The first step in removing iodine stains is to identify the stained material.­­­
Below are the most common types of materials that can become iodine-stained, with steps on how to remove iodine from each:
Fabrics such as Acetate, Acrylic Fabric, Carpet (synthetic or wool), Cotton, Fiberglass, Linen, Modacrylic, Nylon, Olefin, Polyester, Rayon, Silk, Spandex, Triacetate or Wool
Hard surfaces such as Acrylic Plastic, Ceramic Glass/Tile, Glass, Paint (flat or gloss), Plexiglas, Polyurethane, Porcelain Fixtures, Vinyl Clothing or Vinyl Wallcovering
Stone surfaces such as Alabaster or Marble
Porous surfaces such as Asphalt, Cork or Linoleum
Masonry such as Bluestone, Brick, Concrete, Flagstone, Granite, Masonry Tile, Slate or Terrazzo
Grout
Leather or Suede
Wood

WebElements: the periodic table on the WWW [http://www.webelements.com/]

Copyright 1993-20010 Mark Winter [The University of Sheffield and WebElements Ltd, UK]. All rights reserved.