Need Seriouse help!!! on this chem problem about alkali metals and hydroxide ions,

here's the question: why would scientists believe that certain ions play important roles in human brain function and behaivor?

plz plz help me out the reading was saying something about the ions causing bipolar but i dont reall understand...so pls plz help me!

thanx.

Tags:

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

another question i need help

another question i need help with: what are neourotransmitters and how do they perform their functions?

help!!
thanx

another question i need help

another question i need help with: what are neourotransmitters and how do they perform their functions?

help!!
thanx

what are anhidrid acetic?

what are anhidrid acetic?

I presume you mean acetic

I presume you mean acetic anhydride; this is C2H6O3 otherwise OHCOCHO; When H2O is added you get acetic acid; the equation is C2H6O3 + H2O = 2 CH3COOH.

Hello I found this online

Hello I found this online and it says that: neurotransmitters,move from the axon across a tiny gap to the dendrites or cell bodies of other neurons. The typical neuron has up to 15,000 of these tiny gaps, or synapses. After they move across the synapse, neurotransmitters bind to specific receptor sites on the receiving end of dendrites of the nearby neurons. They can also bind directly to cell bodies.

Once the receptors are activated, they open channels through the cell membrane into the receiving nerve cell's interior or start other processes that determine what the receiving nerve cell will do. Some neurotransmitters inhibit nerve cell function (that is, they make it less likely that the nerve cell will send an electrical signal down its axon). Other neurotransmitters stimulate nerve cells; they prime the receiving cell to become active or send an electrical signal down the axon to more neurons in the pathway .
During any one moment, millions of these signals are speeding through pathways in the brain, allowing it to receive and process information, make adjustments, and send out instructions to various parts of the body. If neurons are disconnected, they become sick and may die.

*~"(I hope that this helps)"~*

WebElements: the periodic table on the WWW [http://www.webelements.com/]

Copyright 1993-20010 Mark Winter [The University of Sheffield and WebElements Ltd, UK]. All rights reserved.