Praseodymium: praseodymium difluoride
praseodymium difluoride is known by the following synonyms:
- praseodymium difluoride
- praseodymium(II) fluoride
- praseodymium fluoride
The oxidation number of praseodymium in praseodymium difluoride is 2.
- Formula: PrF2
- Hill system formula: F2Pr1
- CAS registry number: [59513-11-0]
- Formula weight: 178.904
- Class: fluoride
- Melting point:
- Boiling point:
Solid state structure
- Geometry of praseodymium: 6 coordinate: octahedral
- Prototypical structure: CaF2 (fluorite)
Isotope pattern for PrF2
THe chart below shows the calculated isotope pattern for the formula PrF2 with the most intense ion set to 100%.
The data on these compounds pages are assembled and adapted from the primary literature and several other sources including the following.
- R.T. Sanderson in Chemical Periodicity, Reinhold, New York, USA, 1960.
- N.N. Greenwood and A. Earnshaw in Chemistry of the Elements, 2nd edition, Butterworth, UK, 1997.
- F.A. Cotton, G. Wilkinson, C.A. Murillo, and M. Bochmann, in Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
- A.F. Trotman-Dickenson, (ed.) in Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry, Pergamon, Oxford, UK, 1973.
- R.W.G. Wyckoff, in Crystal Structures, volume 1, Interscience, John Wiley & Sons, 1963.
- A.R.West in Basic solid state chemistry Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
- A.F. Wells in Structural inorganic chemistry, 4th edition, Oxford, UK, 1975.
- J.D.H. Donnay, (ed.) in Crystal data determinative tables, ACA monograph number 5, American Crystallographic Association, USA, 1963.
- D.R. Lide, (ed.) in Chemical Rubber Company handbook of chemistry and physics, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, USA, 77th edition, 1996.
- J.W. Mellor in A comprehensive treatise on inorganic and theoretical chemistry, volumes 1-16, Longmans, London, UK, 1922-1937.
- J.E. Macintyre (ed.) in Dictionary of inorganic compounds, volumes 1-3, Chapman & Hall, London, UK, 1992.
You can buy periodic table posters, mugs, T-shirts, fridge magnets, games, molecular models, and more at the WebElements shop
- Binary fluorides
- Binary chlorides
- Praseodymium trichloride: PrCl3
- Binary bromides
- Binary iodides
- Binary hydrides
- none listed
- Binary oxides
- Binary sulfides (sulphides)
- Binary selenides
- Praseodymium selenide: PrSe
- Binary tellurides
- Binary nitrides
- Praseodymium nitride: PrN
- Metal carbonyls
- none listed
- Metal complexes
- none listed
- Praseodymium: the essentials
- Index to praseodymium properties
- Element properties
- Crystal structure
- Physical properties
- Thermochemistry and thermodynamics
- Electron shell properties
- The free atom
- Atom and ion sizes
- Chemistry and compounds
- Reactions of Pr
- Properties of Praseodymium compounds