Iron compounds: iron nitrate hexahydrate
The iron in iron nitrate hexahydrate formally is in the oxidation state 2.
Iron nitrate hexahydrate
- Formula as often written: Fe(NO3)2.6H2O
- Hill system formula: Fe1H12N2O12
- CAS registry number: [13476-08-9]
- Formula weight: 287.947
- Class: complex
- iron nitrate hexahydrate
- iron(II) nitrate 6-water
- iron dinitrate 6-water
- Colour: green
- Appearance: solid
- Melting point: 60°C
- Boiling point:
Element percentages for the elements in iron nitrate hexahydrate
What follows is the calculated isotope pattern for the Fe(NO3)2.6H2O unit with the most intense ion set to 100%.
286 6.3 ___
288 100.0 __________________________________________________
289 3.8 __
290 2.8 _
The data on these compounds pages are assembled and adapted from the primary literature and several other sources including the following.
- R.T. Sanderson in Chemical Periodicity, Reinhold, New York, USA, 1960.
- N.N. Greenwood and A. Earnshaw in Chemistry of the Elements, 2nd edition, Butterworth, UK, 1997.
- F.A. Cotton, G. Wilkinson, C.A. Murillo, and M. Bochmann, in Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
- A.F. Trotman-Dickenson, (ed.) in Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry, Pergamon, Oxford, UK, 1973.
- R.W.G. Wyckoff, in Crystal Structures, volume 1, Interscience, John Wiley & Sons, 1963.
- A.R.West in Basic solid state chemistry Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
- A.F. Wells in Structural inorganic chemistry, 4th edition, Oxford, UK, 1975.
- J.D.H. Donnay, (ed.) in Crystal data determinative tables, ACA monograph number 5, American Crystallographic Association, USA, 1963.
- D.R. Lide, (ed.) in Chemical Rubber Company handbook of chemistry and physics, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, USA, 77th edition, 1996.
- J.W. Mellor in A comprehensive treatise on inorganic and theoretical chemistry, volumes 1-16, Longmans, London, UK, 1922-1937.
- J.E. Macintyre (ed.) in Dictionary of inorganic compounds, volumes 1-3, Chapman & Hall, London, UK, 1992.